16 April 2008

Polished Leopard

Did I mention that I made several (quite a few) of these TJ Polished Acetate pieces? Here is another one. Sorry if you are getting bored with them. These stamps are from Artfulinkables called Lazy Leopard. I liked this piece of acetate with Wild Wasabi behind it and thought it could have a "wild, jungle" feel to it. Hence the leopard.

As I began the painful process of determining what to "accessorize" this card with my hand headed toward my Cuttlebug drawer. I quickly spotted this new addition to my stash; so I decided to see how it would look to use the CB folder. I liked it, but wanted to accentuate the "spotted" feel around the edges so I masked the area so just the edges would get sponged with Chocolate Chip.

I had to adhere the acetate to the cardstock so out came the brads. After I added the four black brads I thought it needed a little something more so I added three copper brads (didn't put a fourth because I didn't want it into the sentiment.)

No, it still didn't feel finished yet. . . . . then I decided that I wanted to add some ribbon to give it the feel of a tail. I didn't have any fibers that were the right color, that was when I remembered something on SCS about frayed ribbon (a challenge actually.) I simply partially wrapped the ribbon around the lower brad so it is held in place sandwiched between the acetate, cardstock and the brad. As long as I don't show it to my son it should survive. ;)

ETA: I used a COPIC marker to remove some of the alcohol ink in the ears and eyes (can't really tell there). It is subtle, so you probably won't notice without me pointing it out.

Stamps: Lazy Leopard (Artfulinkables); Ink: various alcohol inks, StazOn Black, Chocolate Chip; Paper: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi; Accessories: acetate, brads, Cuttlebug, sponge dauber, black grosgrain ribbon, masking tape, 1/16" hole punch. ETA: COPIC marker.