03 April 2008

Walnut Birthday

I decided to mix the Technostamper's Challenge #11 with the TJ Walnut Ink Resist technique to make a birthday card for DH. Although his birthday isn't for another week, he leaves for 10 weeks on Saturday so we are celebrating tomorrow.

I meant to stamp the bottom "happy birthday" right side up, but oops! LOL! I sure hope this is masculine enough for him! *eyeroll* This is for the guy that thinks purple isn't masculine. I don't think I could have used any more masculine colors than this! Tip: I stamped and embossed the leaves then punched them out. So much easier to do it this way then try to center the leaf after your card stock is punched.

Stamps: Weathered B/G, It's Your Birthday, With Gratitude; Ink: CRAFT Very Vanilla, VersaMark, Walnut Ink; Paper: Really Rust, Basic Black, Very Vanilla; Accessories: Spiral punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punches, Vanilla EP.