11 April 2008

Butterflies

I indulged in some "rubbah adultry" (channeling Jan Tink) not too long ago, but just recently screwed up the courage to cut into the rubber. I purchased a sheet from Innovative Stamp Creations (ISC). Isn't that butterfly gorgeous?!!

When I was playing with the Polished Acetate technique (TJ) several weeks ago I made quite a few and have left them out on my desk. I finally got around to using one of them.

Ever have one of those cards that you feel like you just can't "solve"? I guess this was mine. I had the acetate stamped and layered on my c/s just couldn't figure out the sentiment. Well, I even had the hardware (which started out as pewter.) I just couldn't seem to get the energy to figure out how to put it together. I wanted black hardware and remembered that Faith often will use Sharpies to color her hardware. I started that, but just didn't like it. So I decided to alter it with EP. I heated it with my heat gun and dipped in black EP and reheated until I got it melted like I wanted, then did the other end. This works soooo much better when you use heat to adhere the EP than something like ink or VersaMark (which will allow the EP to slip off!)


Notice the different color brads. I used Tempting Turquoise CRAFT ink to color then embossed with clear EP. You have to treat these brads very gingerly because as I noted above, the EP will slide off.

The sentiment is very small, but reads, "the only way to have a friend is to be one". I will be giving this to a lady in Troy's school that helped me today with directions today to the ENT.

Speaking of ENT, I am back on the antibiotics (for another 20 days!) *sigh* Hopefully, the antibiotics (and the other two medications he prescribed) will get my sinuses healthy!

STAMPS: Friendship (ISC), Cheesecloth (SU); Ink: StazOn Black, CRAFT Basic Black (sentiment) & Tempting Turquoise (brads), various alcohol inks; Paper: Tempting Turquoise, basic black; Accessories: HPH, Black EP, brads, Ticket Corner punch, acetate.