15 April 2008

Polished Acetate Tree

When I was playing with the TJ Polished Acetate technique awhile back I made quite a few. I paired them up with various colors of cardstock. And there they sat! Literally sitting out on my desk. I placed this piece of acetate onto Sky Blue cardstock that was leftover from my card yesterday and realized that it looked awesome (if I say so myself,) even better than on the other blue I originally paired it with.

The only problem I find myself faced with when I'm working with some of these backgrounds is that they are so eye-catching that I don't want to cover them too much. I have to find just the right stamp to balance the size, color and hmmmm, I guess intensity of the background (if that makes sense.) With this piece of acetate I used a blue and green alcohol ink and perhaps a brown, because you can see on the left that the brown is one of the colors, so I'm not sure if I added a brown or if the colors just muddied and made a brown.

The second problem I have is how to attach the acetate to the cardstock without using adhesive that will show threw. Hence the reason I frequently use brads. Can't brads fix everything? ;D

I did mix my metals here, using gold on the acetate and silver hardware. Problem is that I didn't have brown or gold and didn't want to work to color what I had to match. I sure hope that there aren't Craft Cops that will be hunting me down! LOL!

I was afraid that I didn't have enough details of interest, so I added the Weathered background on the brown layer and distressed the edges. I think with the rock feel of the acetate and the tree, they all work together. *crossing fingers*

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree (SU), Weathered (SU), sentiment (ISC); Ink: various alcohol inks, gold mixative, StazOn Timber Brown, Chocolate Chip; Paper: Sky Blue, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue (sentiment); Accessories: Silver HPH & brads, acetate, brown ribbon (American Crafts), distresser.