24 April 2008

7 Things Tag & CB Birthday Card

7 Things Game

I was tagged by Jamie at Stamp This! for the 7 things game.


The Rules for 7 Things:

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, here are my 7 things:

1. My favorite color is purple. Yes, even when I was a child, before Donny Osmond made purple popular! (Does that date me???)

2. I am left handed, although I do things like throwing or cutting with scissors right handed. (Just wanted to note that I do NOT throw scissors!) Crafts like crocheting or sewing I can do either handed.


3. I went to my first Stampin' Up! workshop October 2000 while my DH was deployed to Bosnia, thinking "why would anyone use rubber stamps, you'd only use them once?" Yes, that's what I thought! I was a demo April 2001!


4. I am the eldest of four, and am older than my two half-siblings from my father's second marriage.


5. All four of us have served in some manner in the Army! I am a ten year veteran, one brother and
sister are currently on Active Duty and my other brother is in the National Guard (currently serving in Iraq.)

6. I HATE raisins, but LOVE wine and grapes!


7. I lived in Alaska from age 15 until I was 21. Such a beautiful state, but I would only go back to visit; it is WAY too cold for my thin blood now!

7 People that I tag:

1. Britta Not only do I enjoy her projects, but her children are so darling!
2. Nancy She is a sweet friend and a talented crafter!

3. Frances Check out her G'day Mate card!
4. Libby She's got a great blog, PLUS she is offering some Blogoversity Candy!
5. Colleen Some more gorgeous cards!
6. Cindy She's a true crafter, she stamps, quilts, crochets and more!
7. Susan All I can say about her blog is WOW!

Now that you have read through all of that I wanted to leave you with this card.


My MIL is such a sweet lady and her birthday is coming up in early May. She totally supports my craft habit in some way each Christmas! She has totally supported my CB addiction so I wanted to use my CB to make her card. Perhaps I overdosed a little? ;D

Here are the steps I used to make her card. I almost forgot to add that I used a sketch from PageMaps' CardMaps.

1. I used a piece of cardstock with a TJ technique that didn't really work, but still had such lovely color and shimmer that I decided to keep it. I ran it through my CB and used it here along the top of the card.

2. I used StazOn Black to stamp the Happy Birthday onto acetate then used my CB to cut the inner circle tag. TIP: The tag die is slightly larger than the center of the So Many Scallops stamp and some of the outer part of the stamp is cut into when using the die, so I used some StazOn Cleaner to carefully clean the edges.

3. I wanted to use some more of my new PK Glitz Azure glitter so I ran the acetate through my Xyron 150 then adhered the glitter to the back of the acetate. I punched a Tempting Turquoise scallop and layered the acetate tag on top using the silver brads to adhere the layers.

4. Next I used one of those small embossing square folders along the bottom. I ran it through three times moving the folder to get the design along the bottom.

5. I used a double layer of thin black organdy ribbon to separate the two layers.

6. The Turquoise scallop needed something to separate it from the Tempting Turquoise layer so I punched another scallop from Basic Black and layered under the turquoise scallop, then used mini glue dots to adhere it to the card.

Stamps: So Many Scallops; Ink: StazOn Black, Brilliance Gold, Pumpkin Patch Spectrum pad; Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, glossy; Accessories: acetate, CB folders & circle tag die, 3/8" Black Organdy ribbon, PK Glitz Azure glitter, Xyron 150, silver brads (SU), scallop punch (SU).