20 April 2008

Polished Glittery Fairy

When I ordered from Stamp Francisco I ordered two fairies. Here is the second one. This card uses Beate's weekend sketch challenge #44 and some Polished acetate that I (still) had lying around.

I read a technique on Jamie's blog that showed how to add glitter to stamped acetate. I sort of modified her technique because I used acetate that was already polished. In a nutshell this is what I did. (Please check out her blog to see how she did her version, it's really cool!)

1. Stamped on polished acetate.
2. Ran acetate through Xyron.
3. Placed acetate (intact) onto light table.
4. Cut sections of the carrier off from the acetate only where I wanted to place my glitter. (I did this a section at a time adding the color of glitter I wanted in that section.)
5. Trimmed my acetate to the size I wanted my completed piece to be.
6. Removed the remaining carrier from my acetate and placed the acetate on a piece of Whisper White cardstock the same size as my acetate and burnished the acetate to the c/s.
7. Layered this piece onto a layer of Brocade Blue, then added to my card.

Let me talk about the glitter I used here. When I attended the scrapbooking convention two weeks ago in Collinsville, IL I stopped at the P K Glitz booth. I just fell in love with their glitter and Powder Keg Emboss Powder! I just loved how you could coordinate the EP with the glitter and the colors are beautiful! I could only afford to purchase three colors (Eggplant, Azure & China Jade.) I used all three on this card as well as SU's Dazzling Diamonds (on the crown.) The China Jade was used on the jewel in the crown, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it. I used Azure on her wings, but blue and yellow make green so it looks like her wings are green. The eggplant was used on her dress. In retrospect, I probably should have used one of my COPIC markers to remove the alcohol ink from the crown area before adding adhesive, but that would have taken way too much forethought! LOL! At the time I didn't even know what colors I was going to use.

As for the rest of the card I used my Swiss Dots CB for the two Very Vanilla sections, then used a sponge dauber to brush Brocade Blue onto the dots. The designer paper is from DCWV Old World mat stack (top right) and Wild Asparagus (lower left). Yes, a simple layout, but with the effort of adding the glitter to the acetate I didn't feel the need to embellish any further. :)

Stamps: Stamp Francisco; Ink: StazOn Black, Brocade Blue, various alcohol inks; Paper: Brocade Blue, Very Vanilla, DCWV & Wild Asparagus Designer paper; Accessories: acetate, CB & Swiss Dots folder, Glitter Glitz, Dazzling Diamonds, light box & exacto knife.