14 April 2008

Polished Prints

I found a background going through one of my scrap drawers. Here is a tip I realized tonight; if you aren't using a technique immediately write the name on the back! LOL! I don't remember the name of this technique so if you recognize it feel free to drop me a note. It looks like a brayered polished stone. ETA: This technique from Technique Junkies is called Brayered Rainbow from the April/May 2007 newsletter!

The stamp in the center is embossed directly onto the background. I poured through all my embellishments but just couldn't find anything other than these (very) old photo corners I bought when I was first getting into scrapbooking (around 1999). Everything else seemed to distract or made it feel off balance to me. Sometimes less IS more, I'm hoping it works with this!



This stamp set is Reverse Prints, now retired. I wanted a bold stamp to draw the eye inward because the background had so much going on with the color, metallic shimmer and French Script b/g.

Stamps: Reverse Prints, French Script; Ink: ENCORE silver, Caribbean Sea Kaleidacolor, VersaMark, StazOn Black; Paper: Soft Sky, Basic Black, Glossy; Accessories: brayer, black EP, photo corners, heat gun.