20 February 2008

TJ's Just One

I don't think it is a secret that I love Stampin' Up! I also don't think it is a secret that I love Technique Junkies. I have been a customer or demonstrator for SU since October 2000. I have always used the internet as a means to learn more about stamping as well as sharing my projects (mostly cards.) I have been a TJ member for about two years now and a member of the TJ Yahoo group for nearly that long. I believe that I can really see greater personal growth in my stamping these last two years. I attribute my personal growth to the TJ newsletters. The TJ newsletter (and the techniques therein) have stretched my knowledge and pushed me to try things I never would have otherwise. Since I learn better visually I love having access to the subscriber only pages where I can see the actual process of each technique. This allows me to work a little, check to see if I'm doing it right, then work a little more. *Where am I going with all this????*

Another benefit of being a member of TJ's Yahoo group is the monthly Just One swap. You join and get paired with another member and swap a card. You can see my card for Sandy here. This month my partner is Sandy. Sandy sent me a card that uses the Pouncing technique. She added beads that say "hello", embossed the flowers and painted them with Twinkling H2Os. The vibrant background is also warm and really makes me look forward to the flowers that arrive in the spring. Being that it is only 20 degrees (F) outside, this card warms me from the inside out! It also inspires me to try out the Pouncing technique!

Thank you so much Sandy! I really love this card!


Stamps: Flower: Impression Obsession, Word: TAC.