28 February 2008

Botanicals Faith Style

A friend of mine is at a place in life that I found myself in several years ago. My heart goes out to her because I can well imagine where she is emotionally and mentally. I wanted to send her a special card to let her know that I am thinking of her and I care. I have also wanted to try to make a card using Faith's style. Her cards are just remarkable and gorgeous! You really should check out her blog!

Honestly, this card does look better IRL. The colors in the Pouncing technique faded which then makes my attempt at dots in not-so-straight lines even more noticeable. You also can not really see the shimmer from the lumiere.

I have held on the my Botanicals stamp set for several years. It was my favorite for awhile, but even with the best of intentions I haven't pulled it out since it retired. Well, I needed something for the center of the scallop layers. I wanted a stamp that was elegant and not too large.

I stumbled upon this set rummaging around and knew that this flower would work perfectly. I had completed a couple of pieces of glossy cardstock with the TJ Pouncing technique using some old lumiere (this jar has crossed the Atlantic twice and you can tell!) mixed with small amounts of dye inks. I stamped the flower onto acetate and used my Giga scallop punch (my mega wouldn't completely cut through the acetate) to punch it out. I ran the acetate through my Xyron and layered it on top of the two scallop layers after I made all my dots.

I used a sharpie to color my Hodgepodge Hardware black and my Signo Gel Pen to make the white dots. I used my SU Black marker for the black dots. I guess I need a lot more practice to get my dots to look nice and uniform! *sigh* Oh well, I have to keep in mind that this is going to a friend and she really (hopefully) won't notice all the little boo-boos.

Stamps: Botanicals, Morning Soft (sentiment); Ink: Staz-On Black, Garden Green, Bordering Blue, Certainly Celery, Signo Gel Pen, Basic Black marker, Black Sharpie; Paper: Garden Green, Basic Black, Glossy, Certainly Celery; Accessories: acetate, Hodgepodge Hardware, 1/16th hole punch, Giga & Mega Scallop Ovals, wax paper, Xryon.