25 February 2008

Technostamper Sketch #6

It is funny how the creative process can work sometimes. Last night I was working on a technique from the latest TJ newsletter. I was working with Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery and Brocade Blue for the Pouncing technique. Today I decided to make a card for the Technostamper Sketch #6 and somehow the Wild Wassbi and Certainly Celery cardstock I had been planning on using for the pouncing card mossied over when I started working on this sketch. I think my early intention was to use the pouncing pieces I had done with this sketch, but that never happened. Instead, this is what I ended up with.

I stamped the flower using Basic Grey because I didn't want the outline to be as bold as it would be if I used Black, I wanted a more subtle line plus I wanted something that wouldn't run when I water colored it. I used the Giga scallop circle to punch out around the flower as well as a Basic Black to layer under the white. I like how the black just shows because it is "off centered" and adds some subtle dimension to the white layer.

I used CRAFT White for the sentiment so that the flower wasn't the only white on the card, which would make it too bright. (I may even use my white gel pen to color in the word "friends" to add some more bold white.)

I layered the two ribbons together, using a line of adhesive on the double stitched Wasabi to stick to the wide grograin. I then snipped the ends to have two "tails" (is there an official name for this?)

I have seen several people use a 1/8" circle punch to punch out the little circles inside the flower and I really liked the idea so I did that here. I only did the white layer so the black shows through. With the very center circle I punched through both layers so the Wasabi shows through. I think I shouldn't have gone through both, I think that black would have looked better. Oh well. You can't win them all! LOL!


Stamps: Time Well Spent; Ink: Basic Grey, So Saffron, More Mustard, CRAFT White; Paper: Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pallet O'Prints; Accessories: Aquapainter, Giga Scallop Circle, Certainly Celery Wide Grosgrain, Wild Wasabi Double Stitched ribbon, 1/8" circle punch.