01 February 2008

Morning Soft Opalite

When I first saw this stamp set in the new Stampin' Up! catalog I fell in love with it. I knew immediately that I wanted it for my MIL. She is such a warm and giving person! The new Technique Junkies newsletter is now accessible on-line and this card utilizes one of those techniques called Opalite-Color-Infusion. You can't see the shimmer that the Opalite ink gives this card, but it is nice and shimmery. After I finished the flower layer I was looking for a layout and came to Beate's blog. Oh yea, Beate's got it going on! LOL! She took her inspiration from SCS's color challenge. Without further ado here is my card for my MIL

I borrowed Beate's square main image and those yo-yo yellow circles. The scan is a little crooked; the yellow background was sponged on (and doesn't look so blotchy, IRL it looks better than the scan shows. Isn't that how it always is, it looks so much better in person! LOL!

I really like how this turned out and can hardly wait to show my DH. Yes, I know he usually just looks at my projects and mumbles something but I think that this will be different. His mother is under a lot of stress right now (well, has been for quite some time) so I think she really will appreciate the saying on the inside: "It is not how much you do, but how much love you put into the doing that matters. ~ Mother Teresa"

Stamps: Morning Soft and Canvas B/G; Ink: Staz-On Black, Summer Sun, Lovely Lilac, Yo-Yo Yellow, Going Gray; Paper: Whisper White, Going Gray, Basic Gray and Golden Mist Opalite; Accessories: sponge daubers, silver brads, 1/2" & 1/4" circle punches.