14 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I was thinking this morning about wrapping up Troy's gifts for his teacher and her assistant. I like to match the wrapping paper with the gift so I thought I'd show what I did for them. I used two layers of tissue paper, but only wheeled one. (If I only sued one layer of tissue it would be a little too thin and you can see through.)


I prefer to use wheels because they are so QUICK and EASY! If you aren't familiar with stamping wheels here is a picture of a handle, ink cartridge and the wheel itself.

All you do is place the cartridge into the handle ensuring that you push it down until it snaps into place. Next place the wheel into the top of the handle. Make sure you snap it all the way in so it will spin easily. Now push the cartridge up so that it just touches the wheel and inks the wheel while it turns. Then wheel away! I normally wheel on a diagonal because the eye is less likely to notice any mistakes like lines that aren't perfectly straight. Stampin' Up! does sell a wheel guide which really helps keep you rolling straight.

Now if I can brag a little and show a picture of Troy and his pre-school teacher. She is just a great teacher and handles the children (all 20 of them) superbly! Troy and I found a "Hoppy Valentines' Day" t-shirt at The Children's Store and of course he had to have it! Why they would make or market a t-shirt for Valentines day when it is cold outside is beyond me!


Here is a picture of my Valentine's card for DH. I love this stamp by Stampin' Up! and have used for numerous anniversary and Valentine's day cards! Yes, these are non-traditional colors for Valentine's Day but I chose them because they coordinated with the colors I used in the couple layer. The couple layer uses the Opalite Color Infusion technique in the current Technique Junkies Newsletter. This card looks so much better IRL where you can see the shimmer. I used the layout for this week's Technostamper's sketch. I used a retired background stamp On The Spot because I think if you use a little imagination it can look like fireworks going off! Isn't that what every couple needs is some fireworks! ;)


Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Give the ones you love an extra big hug!

Stamps: On The Spot, Weathered, Summer By The Sea; Ink: Staz-On Black, various Classic SU, Opalite: Artic Emerald & Winter Rust, White gel pen; Paper: More Mustard, Garden Green, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: sponges, Crafters' Tool kit (paper piercer & mat, template).