04 February 2008

Opalite Merci

Here is a card I did this afternoon. Let me tell you, using a sketch is soooo helpful! It probably took me half the time that I normally would need to compete this card. It started when I saw Pat's card and decided I wanted to play along with technostampers' sketch challenge. Mary Jo has started these sketch challenges on Monday. You can see this week's sketch on her blog here.

After I saw Pat's card and decided to jump on board I also wanted to use some of my new Stampin' Up! designer paper Porcelain Prints, I wanted to use my new Sale-A-Bration (SAB) stamp set Merci, AND I wanted to use a technique from the newest Technique Junkies Newsletter. Whew! Here is what I came up with.


Yes, the "merci" is stamped a little crooked, but I really didn't feel like redoing it. I think it adds some personality to the card, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! It is probably hard to tell, but the layers with the bee has the Opalite Color Infusion. I like the shimmer that it creates! If I were to do this card again, I think I'd stamp the canvas on the Bashful Blue layer.

Stamps: Merci, Ink: Staz-On Black, Basic Black CRAFT, Summer Sun (bee) and Blue Bayou (wings), Arctic Emerald Opalite; Paper: Bashful Blue, Basic Black, River Rock and Porcelain Prints DP; Accessories: Slit punch (scallop top), scallop punch, Black EP, Black eyelets.