06 February 2008

Magic Garden

Again I have combined a couple challenges. First, I wanted a card for this month's class. Secondly, I wanted to use one of the techniques from the newest Technique Junkies Newsletter, preferably the Magic Pattern since that technique is the one for this month's Card of the Month Challenge. Thirdly, I wanted to use the colors from this week's SCS color challenge. Basically all I had to do was pick out a stamp set! Here is my card.

I think if I were to do this again I would chose a different background stamp. I think that the Weathered stamp is a little too busy since there are so many lines in the From the Garden stamp. I would also use a lighter color than Apricot Apeal since it is a very bright color when used as the main layer. Since the flower is so large that I couldn't think of another way to do this without omitting some of the flower. I haven't decided yet if I will submit this for the TJ's Card of the Month Challenge. What do you think?

Overall, I do like this card, but I would probably only send this to a good friend who would forgive me for being so bright! I have a sentiment from Stampabilities which says, "Hello Sunshine" that I will stamp on the inside.

Stamps: From the Garden, Weathered; Ink: Versamark, Staz-On Black; Paper: Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, Real Red; Accessories: Aqua Painter, Clear EP, Photo Corner Punch, Watercolor Crayons: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie.