17 April 2007

Today is our anniversary!

So I have been wanting to try one of those one layer cards that I have been seeing all over the place. This is what I came up with:


I just love this set, Summer by the Sea. I have used this same stamp several times. I sure hope David doesn't get sick of it! LOL!

It is difficult to tell in the picture, but I started with Very Vanilla cardstock. I punched a large Scallop Circle to use as my template and stamped the image using Basic Brown. I used Pure Art Pencils to color in the image and a stump with mineral spirits (European brand of Gamsol) to blend the colors. Yes, I know, I need to work on my coloring some more! I used one of the says in the Summer by the Sea and used my More Mustard marker (using my Stamp-a-ma-jig) to place the top two lines on the front of the card and then I used the second two lines on the inside. In case you can't read the words it says, "Joy is not in things," and the inside, "it is in us. ~Richard Wagner"

Since it is going to my DH, I didn't want to add any ribbon or "foo-foo" stuff. I think he'll be happy with this. (He'd better be!) ;) LOL! If you want to see more one layer cards you can check out the gallery at split coast. Here are some I found by using "OLC" (One Layer Card): http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=OLC&limit=

Happy stamping!

EDITED: DH paid me the highest compliment today. He thought I had bought this card and was shocked, (I haven't purchased a card in at least six years!) I told him to check the back, (I had stamped my name on the back claiming it!) *beaming*