02 April 2007

Belle Papier RAK Thanks

A while back I commented on Julia's blog. She does just the most gorgeous cards! I just LOVE her style! Anyway, I commented that if she needed I could take the card off her hands (or something smart-alicy similar.) Well, imagine my surprise when she took me up on her offer! OMG!!!!! I never imagined she would take me seriously, even though I was serious about wanting that card! Julia, thank you so very much for sending me this gorgeous card! I had it sit on my kitchen island for several days, now it sits in my office for me to oggle!

You can click here to see this card on her blog. I took a picture of it rather than scan it because of all the detail she lavishes on her card. The ribbon is tied through the top of three eyelets. The petals of the flowers on the top layer have glitter, (you can see some of this in the picture.) She has actually sewn along the top left corner and the bottom (zigzag) of the card, (YES, real sewing not faux!) The copper brad in the lower left balances the ribbon and tag along the right top. I'm thinking that the tag is one of the Cuttlebug tags? It looks similar, so now I have some inspiration for those CB die tags that I bought!

Checking out Julia's blog is really encouraging me to try to work with designer papers (DP). I see so many doing this but I just don't know how to put the DP with some other design elements to make them all click. I am watching and learning. I took the first step and purchased some Basic Grey paper from Cindy (Stampalicious - My Inky Fingers) (shhhh, along with a giga scallop square and oval). They haven't shipped yet, but they will soon! ;) (And speaking of Cindy you must check out her blog too! That vintage look that I love!)

Thank you so much Julia! I can't tell you how incredible you gift me is!