14 August 2009

Retirement Challenge

My DH has a woman in his office that will be retiring soon. I had been working on this image for several challenges and thought it appropriate for a retirement. The sketch came from Rubber Stamp Chat's August Challenge. The fairy is from PMS' August Challenge #1 to use a fairy, (and a few other requirements) AND a challenge to upload fairy creations to SCS. (I'll be uploading it there after I finish here.) The colors were inspired by this week's Copic Colour Challenge #26, (the blog candy for this challenge is 3 of PMS' new releases!)

I changed up the card from my initial take on it. Here is the first draft.

I decided that the background paper was just too busy. Plus you couldn't really tell that the second designer paper was the scallop circle. I also needed to add some ribbon. Here is the reworked card:

I do like this one better. The ribbon is the black velvet ric-rac. I needed a sentiment and decided to add it to the inside and give people plenty of room to write comments inside. I used my computer for the sentiment. Don't you think it is fitting? ;) It had too much blank space so I stamped Kirstin as a second generation in Going Gray ink.

Stamps: Kirstin (PMS); Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Going Gray (SU), various Copic markers; Paper: Basic Black, White (Neenah), Scarlet's Letter (Basic Grey: scallop circle, black & white in first card), Wild Asparagus (green polka dots), blue polka dots (SU - retired); Accessories: black velvet ric-rac, scallop circle & standard circle Nestabilities, Sea Glass Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels: on scallop circle), clear star gelly roll (Sakura: wings), clear atyou Spica (dandelion), white gelly roll (Sakura: highlights on fairy), scallop edge punch (SU).