26 August 2009

Back to School Ben

My son went back to school today. *sigh* He's growing so quickly. I made this card and put it in his lunch. The image is B is for Ben (4th down on right) and is a digi image from Victoria Case. Love this little guy with the backpack! It retires 1 September.

I used the current CPS card sketch #130. I love this sketch! I also used this week's Copic Colour Challenge #27 for *some* of the colors! This card uses C03, YR04 & E37 (the closest I have to #57). Since it is for my DS (who's 6) I used a number of bright colors. He loves jeans so of course he has jeans on. :) There is C03 on the soles of his shoes, zipper tag and around the lower portion of the image to help ground him. It is difficult to see the red layer has various items from the Back to School set from My Favorite Things.

I plan on having lunch with him today, a tradition we started last year. I couldn't leave with sharing a picture of my DS and DH on the playground before school started.

Stamps: B is for Ben (Victorian Case), Riveting (SU), Back to School (MFT); Ink: Night of Navy (on sentiment) Real Red (on red layer), various Copic markers; Paper: Ballet Blue, Night of Navy, Real Red, Solar White (Neenah); Accessories: Sky Blue atyou Spica pen.