15 March 2007

Sorry for the Delay

It has been so long since I have posted. We are beginning to finish our basement and I had to move *SOME* of my stampin' stuff out of the basement into my upstairs office and box up the rest. Our contractor built shelves for the unfinished area and we now have them filled! Actual work to finish the basement begins on Monday. Our contractor guarantees that it will be finished in one month! Yippee! I will finally have a true craft room, and we'll move my computer down there so I can check out ideas on-line then swivel around and start stamping! *VBG* or as Julie Ebersole would say, "(bouncing here)" LOL! I love reading Julie's blog, she writes conversationally. Here's her blog.

I didn't want to post any of my projects until after my class, which was last night so here are the two projects that we did. I do want to shout out a HUGE thank you to Britta (Camsmom on SCS). I CASEd her this month. I just loved a couple of cards she posted that incorporated SU's special this month and they just looked so fresh and springy!

I have never done a square card before; I know what was I waiting for???? LOL! I guess I was waiting for this card. This was a direct CASE from Britta, I couldn't even begin to image making a change to it! Punching out those little dots with my 1/16" punch got a bit tiring, but so worth it! This uses the Petals d& Paisleys Designer double sided paper. It is the same sheet, just flipped! I used the white gel pen on the paisley. I just LOVE that gel pen! I stamped the "hello" on Shimmery paper, it doesn't show real well, but I still love the feel of the Shimmery paper, just like silk.

This card I did change up a little bit, (Britta's card here.) I used the Petals Jumbo wheel on Shimmery cardstock. I only have a hand full of the jumbo ink cartridges, so it caused me to modify the color combo, shifting to Lovely Lilac. I used markers and huffed for the flowers on Shimmery c/s. You can't see it, but I stamped off So Saffron using the bold flower from Polka Dots & Petals stamp set, as I didn't want those flowers to detract from the stemmed flowers, just fill in some of the white space. Used more of the Petals & Paisleys Designer paper for the Round Tab Punch. Used my stamp-a-ma-jig to place the "joy" from the stamp set in the right place.

Both of these cards are simple just so springy! Thanks Britta, I just love your work and appreciate you sharing on SCS!