17 November 2008

Harlequin Thanks

I posted this card to the TJ yahoo group but forgot to post it here. I needed a thank you card to a luncheon I attended hosted by my Husband's senior rater. This gal is so very sweet so I wanted something nice AND I wanted to use my new Harlequin Flowers set.

I used an Alcohol Ink technique from Technique Junkies and came up with this. I liked it but I thought it needed something I just couldn't figure out what. BTW, I colored silver brads with a Copic marker to get the color.


After I sent out a distress call to the TJ group I went with the suggestion of adding a sentiment. The brads are holding a sheet of acetate in place and the "Tender Thoughts" is stamped on top.

Well, what do you think? Is it the right finishing touch?
Stamps: Harlequin Flowers, Natures Silhouette I (ISC), Ink: Staz-On Black, various alcohol inks (Ranger), Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White; Accessories: acetate, paint brush, brads, 1/16th hole punch, Copic marker to color brads.
I haven't stamped in ages until this week-end, and that really because I had to. I've been bogged down with finishing a project for the volunteer position for my Officer Spouses' Club. I'm nearly finished so I hope to be back stamping soon. I will post the quick little projects I worked on this week-end, (one of which is my son's work.)