17 November 2008

Child's Birthday and Son's Artwork

I've been super busy with my volunteer position, but had to take a break and make a card for a boy in my son's class, who's birthday party he was attending this week-end. So I was actually relieved to "have to" stamp this week-end! It is simple I know, but I let Troy pick out the stamps for me to use. He said his friend loves football and he picked the sentiment from my GinaK Make A Wish stamp set. He also said his friend's favorite color was red and Troy picked Ruby Red for the card.

Stamps: Good Sport (SU), Make A Wish (GinaK); Ink: Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip; Paper: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Shimmery White; Accessories: Brads (pewter), sponge daubers, SAMJ.

Next up is Troy's artwork. (Humor me here, he doesn't want to stamp as much as he used to.) He was finally ready to make a card for his cousin that is living in S. Korea right now. My brother is active duty Army and his wife is an Army Civilian. They are both working in S. Korea for two years. Troy has a mind of his own so I must admit that I groaned a bit when I turned around and saw his "sunset". We had stamped the tree (ISC) and grass (A Muse). I CB these dinos and was trying to figure out what to do to "kick it up a notch" when I turned and saw that he had colored all this red to make a sunset. So we talked about sunsets and layering colors and how the sun is at the horizon when a sunset is happening. (He is only 5 and still learning all these little details! LOL!) So orange was added. Since we needed a horizon that was added with green marker (over the grass) then the blue beyond the sunset.

We put the dinos through my little Xyron and added Dazzling Diamonds, then Troy added them to his picture. The tall one is supposed to be eating leaves from the tree. I'll bet Betsy didn't envision that when she was designing this tree!

Stamps: Marvels of Nature (ISC), Hero Mail (A Muse, grass & Sentiment), Ink: Real Red, Green Galore, YoYo Yellow (Sun started out as a circle stamp from SU), Markers: Bashful Blue, Gable Green, Only Orange, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: CB Dinos, Xyron, Dazzling Diamonds.

Thanks for your patience with my little guy. I'm a proud Mama!