01 August 2008

Bandanna Congrats

We had a promotion party to attend last night so I took the time to make a congrats card. The layout is from June's PageMaps. I really liked the TJ Bandanna technique and decided to give it a whirl. I can see how this technique might require some time for the dotting, but it was also fun and relaxing and once you get going it isn't too time consuming (or perhaps you're just having so much fun you don't realize it?) :)

I originally used Peeled Paint Distress Ink but I thought it looked like puke so I used Pine Needles over top to give more of a green. Fortunately, I think it saved it from the trash can! In future I'll use Pine Needles since it doesn't go on as dark as it looks on the cover of the pad and I think it will look even better without the Peeled Paint underneath. Tip for the day: test out your inks before you start!

The sentiment is actually computer generated. I can never seem to find a "congrats" sentiment or one that fits the space I need. The font is Armenian Serif.
I am sure that I'll be doing more cards using this technique!

Stamps: Baroque Motifs; Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine), Distress Inks: Broken China, Faded Jeans & Pine Needles; Paper: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White; Accessories: White gel pen, black grosgrain ribbon, 1/16" hole punch and black brads.

Sorry if you received this multiple times, I was trying to 1) correct spelling and 2) correct paragraph spacing for easier reading.